- Published in Archive
- 2014-11-5.pdf (339 Downloads)
LFRPOA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes - DRAFT
Front Royal, VA
Thursday November 5 2014 6:00 pm
Call to Order: Azlee Bates at 6:04pm; this meeting was recorded by Daniela McAllister at her request
BOD In Attendance: Azlee Bates (President), Bettie Barry (Vice President, Bylaws) Betty Boyd (Treasurer), Elaine Ryan (Building, Grounds, Safety), Ricky Singleton (Roads), Keith Ogden (Architectural Committee)
Quorum Met Yes
Minutes of Last BOD Meeting: Meeting minutes from meeting on October 6, 2014 with officers placed; Minutes accepted as read from special meeting; reintroduced officers and opened floor for questions to officers
Election of BOD Officers: Azlee Bates provided a brief history of how the BOD officers were elected which led to the placement of officers. She also stated there was a vacancy created by the Secretary as Dale Spurlock had resigned. She and the elected board had voted to place Andrea Meres in this vacated position as she was one that ran for a seat on the board and was first runner up had there been a vacancy. Azlee nominated, Betty Boyd 2nd nomination, Board approved. With Andrea accepting the position the newly elected Board of Officers is as follows:
President: Azlee Bates
Vice President: Bettie Barry
Secretary: Andrea Meres
The results of all votes were counted and confirmed by Dale Spurlock and Azlee Bates
President: Azlee reported meeting with several key people about pertinent matters in front of the BOD:
- Chip White our attorney related to collections- there will be a new collection policy allowing us to be more aggressive in our collections
- Noble and Noble our accountant-reconciliation of the books through 10/31/14; the books will be reviewed quarterly. QuickBooks is okay, but not the best software . Conversation ensued with Trevor about the process with others included in the discussion.
- Web Master for new web site-New web site will be up by November 12th, register to use; there will be different sections for different forums ( different levels for who owns and who rents); question came up how will individuals that do not have computers get information, Azlee stated we can do mailings or post at bulletin board
- Azlee discussed the prospect of raising the fees by 1.7% which is the allowable based on our Covenants, this would be about $5.00; a lengthy discussion between Board and members ensued over increases and changes to bylaws over this. At which time Azlee introduced the idea of a special assessment for funding by the state on part of the development; another very lengthy discussion ensued which did not result in a vote for anything.
Vice President: Bettie Barry had nothing to report
Treasurer: Betty Boyd reported on collections; going slowly but we are collecting
Secretary: vacant - no report
Building and Grounds: Elaine reported Table top exercise with State to discuss Dam breach; Also Wang was alerted to what we were doing; reported the dam cost was $80,000.00, more than expected
Roads: Ricky: Barrels are being filled; contract for snow plow in place, some roads will be graveled before winter
Articles, Covenants, and By-Laws: By-Laws Committee will continue their work on reviewing the by-laws.
There were several conversations that ensued about the parking lot, dues, members not paying and what we are doing about this, members paying or not paying for new constructions what is being done, the gate access and the hours of the gate, boulders at the lake for security, the bulletin board usage, all these conversations and side bars were lengthy with no resolution.
Meeting adjourned: Azlee adjourned the meeting at 7:55pm
Bettie Barry VP LFRPOA