- Download a PDF Copy (162 Downloads)
Articles of Incorporation
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.
In accordance with the provisions of the Virginia Non-Stock Corporation Act, the undersigned do hereby associate for the purpose of forming a non-stock, non-profit corporation and do set forth as follows:
- The name of the corporation shall be Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc»
- The purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
- To promote the health, safety and general welfare of the owners of real property situated in the subdivisions known as Lake Front Royal located in Warren County, Virginia.
- To acquire by gift, purchase or otherwise title to the streets, roads, right-of-way, recreation areas, beaches and parks in Lake Front Royal subdivisions and all of the rights of the developers of Lake Front Royal, including those retained by the developers in the restrictive covenants established for the regulation and operation of said subdivisions which covenants are duly recorded in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit Court of Warren County, Virginia, in Deed Book 177 at Pages 211 and 518 and in Deed Book 188 at Page 236.
- To collect all road maintenance and other fees set forth in the above mentioned restrictive covenants and to maintain and operate its facilities for the benefit of the members of thin corporation*
4 To serve as the architectural committee set forth in the above-mentioned restrictive covenants,
- To do all things necessary or incidental to the foregoing purposes and such other things that will promote the common benefit and enjoyment of its members.
- Disposition of Assets Upon Dissolution. Upon dissolution of the corporation, its assets, both real and personal, shall be dedicated to an appropriate public agency or utility to be devoted to purposes as nearly as practicable the same as those to which they were required to be devoted by the corporation. In the event that such dedication is refused, such assets shall be granted, conveyed and assigned to any non-profit corporation, association, trust or other organization to be devoted to purposes as nearly as practicable the same as those to which they were required to be devoted by the corporation. No such disposition of corporation properties shall be effective to divest or diminish any right or title of any member vested in him under the Covenants unless made in accordance with the provisions of those Covenants, No member shall derive any pecuniary gain from disposition of corporation assets.
- The address of the initial registered office of the corporation is Culpeper Star Route, Box 2A, Front Royal, Warren County, Virginia and the name of its initial registered agent at such office is Everott B. Willis who is a resident of Virginia and a director of the corporation.
- The number of directors constituting the initial Board of Directors shall be eleven and the names and addresser, of the persons who are to serve as the initial directors are:
(c) Membership - Every person or entity who is a record owner of fee or undivided fee interest in any lot which is subject by the Covenants and pertinent contract or contracts to assessment by this corporation for road maintenance fees and/or club dues shall be eligible to be a member» provided that any such person or entity who holds such interest merely as security for the performance of an obligation shall not have such eligibility. The determination of those persons eligible for membership shall be based on the real property tax records of the Treasurer of Warren County, Virginia, as of the January 1st immediately preceding* Future eligibility for membership shall be based upon such tax records as of each succeeding January 1st, provided that any person or entity who produces satisfactory evidence of a legal transfer of title to any lot during any
calendar year shall be permitted to assume the eligibility rights of the owner of record as of the preceding January 1st. A person or entity eligible for membership shall be a member upon application, on a form to be prescribed in the by-laws, to the Board of Directors. Membership, once established, shall continue so long as the member complies with the by-laws, rules and regulations of the corporation and so long as the member remains the owner of property in Lake Front Royal subdivisions. Membership rights may be suspended in accordance with the by-laws.
Members shall be entitled to one vote for each lot in which they hold the interest required for membership. When one or more persons holds an interest in any one lot all such persons may become members and the vote for such lot shall be exercised as they may determine among themselves but in no event shall more than one vote be cast with respect to each lot,
Everett B. Willis, Culpeper Star Route Box 2A, Front Royal, Va. 22630 Joseph A. Sachet, Culpeper Star Route, Front Royal, Va. 22630
Arthur F. Guffey, 3811 Maple Hill Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
Robert S. Printis, 442 Peabody Street, N.W., Washington, D. C. 20011 Vernon E. Partain, 14781 Tamarack Place, Woodbridge, Va. 22191 1 Richard Ward, P. 0. Box 1546, Dogwood Manor, Front Royal, Va. 22630 Benjamin Brown, 5031 Washington Blvd., Apt. 33, Arlington, Va. 22205 Carlton Nixon, 6724 Leyte Drive, Apt. 02, Oxeon Hill, Md. 20021
Dr. Charles P. Cake, 4200 N* 24th Street, Arlington, Va, 22205 William A. Combs, 113 St» Andrews Drive, N.B», Vienna, Va. Given under our hands this 17 day of December 1973.