Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. serves as the governance association for the Lake Front Royal community
115 Lake Front Road Front Royal VA 22630
? /
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.

POA Minutes

June 10, 2019

Digital Attachement

LFRPOA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Samuels Library

Front Royal, Va.

June 10, 2019

At a meeting of the Lake Front Royal POA held at the Samuels Public Library on 10 June 2019, at 5:45-7:45 pm.

Present: Robert Roush, President; James Barnes, Vice-President; Kenneth Harvey, Secretary; Charles Gornowich, Chair. 

Absent: None

Call to Order

Robert Roush, President; called the meeting to order.

Adoption of Agenda- Additions or Deletions

On a motion by Charles Gornowich, seconded James Barnes, and by the following vote, the Board adopted the agenda as presented.

Aye: Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Barnes

Approval of Meeting Minutes from 15 April 2019

On a motion by Charles Gornowich, seconded James Barnes, and by the following vote, the Board adopted the agenda as presented.

Aye: Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Barnes

Action Items:

Presidents Report:

 Election of New Chairs

Due to the resignations of Erin MacMillan and James Spurlock and IAW Article V, Section 3, of the Corporate bylaws; Susan Fox and Paul Castle were elected by a majority vote of the remaining Directors to fill the vacant positions during the un-expired terms of their predecessors.

Communications

Mr. Roush reiterated that board members should be respectful of community views as well as other board member views, only express facts, and continue to communicate with each other.

Dam maintenance

 Inspection has been completed. Minor issues need to be completed prior to the certificate being issued.  County is assisting us at this time, even without the contract

Summer Road Maintenance

Mr. Roush requested a road maintenance plan from the County for this summer. The County will begin in the July time frame to repair the asphalt on Mountain View and the paved area of Highridge as well as placing drainage in high risk areas.

Mail Boxes

  • Currently the community is out of mail boxes. Mr. Roush coordinated with the Post Office to get a new pedestal to fix the immediate problem.
  • Post Office will not pay to install more boxes; regulations were provided to the board.
  • Board chairs will evaluate the project and provide an estimated cost.

Lake Usage

  • There is a lot of concern from the community about non-residents using the lake.
  • In order for the community to enforce no trespassing we must first place signage with appropriate wording at specific locations.
  • Mr. Roush is coordination with the Sheriff’s office for specific wording as well as the County to have the signs made.

County Contract Status

Mr. Gornowich provided the status of the proposed County contract and a brief over view of the Boards proposed combining of the SDAC and the POA board as well as why.

  • Review by Pond law group completed. Daniel Pond concerned about a possible conflict of interest since the group collects passed due taxes for the County. We signed a release as did the County. The firm was non-responsive to our requests for updates. We therefore released them from retainer.
  • Signed letter of engagement with Joseph Silek P.C. on May 29th.
  • The firm provided several concerns with liabilities within the contract to which we are coordinating with the County.
  • Goal is to have the Contract signed NLT October.
  • Signing of the contract with the County will relieve us of the maintenance responsibility of certain areas such as the dam and lake area.
  • Combining the two entities will simplify who is collecting fees, meetings and maintenance responsibilities and increase collections.

Treasurers Report:

Mr. Harvey provided the update as to the status of QuickBooks.

  • We continue to review each lot to determine if the account is correct back to 2014.
  • Collections of this year’s dues is only about 45%. We are reviewing so that we can send pats due accounts to collections and placing liens on any account $1,000 or greater in arears.
  • P&L provided.
  • Summary of the past 30 days of collections provided.
  • Currently there is over $25,000 in collections.

Public Comment

Mr. Pittman, 530 Creek Road, expressed extreme displeasure with non-residents using the lake.

Next Meeting

Items for the next meeting:

  • By Law changes
  • News letter

It was noted that the Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association will meet again on August 11th.

The meeting was adjourned by Mr. Roush at 7:45.