Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. serves as the governance association for the Lake Front Royal community
115 Lake Front Road Front Royal VA 22630
? /
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.

POA Minutes

January 20, 2020

Digital Attachement

LFRPOA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Warren County Government Center

Front Royal, Va.

20 January 2020

At a meeting of the Lake Front Royal POA held at the Warren County Government Center on

January 20, 2020, at 7:00 – 8 pm.

Present:  Robert Roush, President; Charles Gornowich, VP; Susann Fox, Secretary; Ken Harvey,  Treasurer, James Barnes, Chair; Paul Castle, Chair.  Absent, None

Call to Order

Robert Roush, President, called the meeting to order.

Adoption of Agenda – Additions or Deletions

 

On a motion by Gornowich, seconded by Castle, and by the following vote, the Board adopted

the agenda as presented:  Aye—Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Fox, Barnes, Castle

 

Approval of Meeting Minutes from November 18, 2019

 

On a motion by Roush, seconded by Gornovich, and by the following vote, the Board adopted

the minutes as presented:  Aye—Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Fox, Castle, Barnes

ACTION ITEMS:

President’s Report:

The contract with the county is still in draft form with the POA attorney.  POA lawyer and

County lawyer are finalizing a few issues and resolve is expected very soon.  When the contract

is signed by both parties, there will no longer be a need for a SD Advisory Board to the County.

A “do not block” gate sign is needed at the parking lot so overflow parking can use space beyond the gate.  Motion made by Castle and seconded by Barnes to have county provide  a sign.  All parties present voted “aye.”  Barrels may also be added to help traffic direction.  Motion was also made by Castle and seconded by Barnes, with all present in agreement  by vote, to give notice to all those who have parked cars in the cul-de-sacs to move said vehicles as these vehicles are an impediment to the normal flow of traffic and to Mr. Henry’s ability to maintain the roads in winter.  These subject matters are to be included in the annual newsletter. Other road maintenance items are adopted as reported by the LFRSD Manager’s Report at the Advisory Committee Meeting also held on January 20,  2020, as provided to the POA Secretary, and as approved by all present to be added to   and part of the official POA minutes.

The USPS is giving $10,000 worth of new mail boxes to LFR and it is not enough to serve   what the community needs.  We will need up to $8,000 more by the end of February to  cover what is needed. Cluster boxes throughout are not viable, too costly and the USPS will not support it.  Bob Childress of the County will determine the best place for the parking  lot boxes to meet traffic needs.

Secretary’s Report:

Newly elected, Susann Fox, thanked Ken Harvey and the rest of the Board for their  patience as she gets up to speed with what is required of the POA Board secretary.

Treasurer’s Report:

The following written reports are hereby attached and made part of these official minutes:

LFRPOA Balance Sheet as of January 20, 2020; Open Tax List Summary of 1/16/200; Warren  County Expenditure Summary of 1/16/2020; and the LFRPOA A/R Aging Summary as of 1/20/2020.

The County has agreed to collect the dues for the POA ($45) in its twice yearly collection of all County taxes due.  This $45 is a reduction from $70 last year.  Because the County is now collecting all POA monies there is no need for the POA to send out bills to the community.  This will result in a 95% collection rate instead of the current 60%.  The President and Treasurer are preparing approximately 92 accounts to be sent to collections in addition to preparing lien notices in accord with VA Code, Sec. 43.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

The Treasurer will look into getting the POA reinstated as a 501(c), non-profit, corporation,   as this was allowed to lapse by the previous POA Board.

Chair Reports:

 

Barnes opened discussion on a letter received by a community member asking about cluster mailboxes for the community.  Castle motioned and Gornovich seconded and all others present agreed that Mr. Barnes would craft a letter to our community member explaining why cluster boxes are not viable at this time.

Public Comments

There were four community members present.  Supervisor Cullers was also in attendance.

Wrap-up/Schedule

The next meeting of the POA is now scheduled for Monday, March 16, 2020,

From 6—8 pm.