Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc. serves as the governance association for the Lake Front Royal community
115 Lake Front Road Front Royal VA 22630
? /
Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association, Inc.

POA Minutes

August 11, 2019

Digital Attachement

LFRPOA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Chester Gap Fire Hall

Front Royal, Va.

11 August 2019

At a meeting of the Lake Front Royal POA held at the Chester Gap Fire Hall on 11 August 2019, at 4:00-6:00 pm.

Present: Robert Roush, President; Kenneth Harvey, Secretary; Charles Gornowich; Chair, Susann Fox; Chari

Absent: James Barnes, Vice-President; Paul Castle, Chair

Call to Order

Robert Roush, President; called the meeting to order.

Adoption of Agenda- Additions or Deletions

On a motion by Gornowich, seconded Fox, and by the following vote, the Board adopted the agenda as presented.

Aye: Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Fox

Approval of Meeting Minutes from 10 June 2019

On a motion by Gornowich, seconded Harvey, and by the following vote, the Board adopted the agenda as presented.

Aye: Roush, Gornowich, Harvey, Fox

Action Items:

Presidents Report:

 Election of New Chairs

Due to the resignations of all but one of the previous Board members, in order to realign the terms of Board members IAW Article VII, Sections 2 and 3 of the LFRPOA by-laws it was decided that the positions held by Roush, Castle and Barnes would be up for re-election during the 2019 annual election.

Dam maintenance

 Inspection has been completed. Minor issues have been completed waiting on the certificate to be issued as well as final billing.

Summer Road Maintenance

Mr. Roush requested a road maintenance plan from the County for this summer. Drainage work has begun by the County throughout the committee.  Once completed the County will begin asphalt repair.  Mr. Roush will request a schedule from the County.

 

Annual Meeting

  • By-Laws need to be reviewed and changes provided to the community prior to the annual meeting.
  • Ballots need to be made.
  • Newsletter need to be drafted.
  • It was determined that there is a need for a Board working session to work through all of the above.

Lake Usage

  • Signage with appropriate wording with appropriate wording has been paced at several specific locations.
  • It was noted that this seems to have reduced the number of people going down to the lake.

County Contract Status

Mr. Gornowich provided the status of the proposed County contract and a brief over view of the Boards proposed combining of the SDAC and the POA board as well as why.

  • Review by Silek law group has been completed with several changes provided to the County.  Currently the County has no concerns as to the recommended changes.
  • Goal is to have the Contract signed NLT October.
  • Will be discussed at the next SD meeting in September.
  • Signing of the contract with the County will relieve us of the maintenance responsibility of certain areas such as the dam and lake area.
  • Combining the two entities will simplify who is collecting fees, meetings and maintenance responsibilities and increase collections.

Treasurers Report:

Mr. Harvey provided the update as to the status of QuickBooks.

  • We continue to review each lot to determine if the account is correct back to 2014.
  • Collections of this year’s dues is only about 45%. We are reviewing so that we can send past due accounts to collections and placing liens on any account $1,000 or greater in arears.  Goal is to send notices 1 September.
  • P&L provided.
  • Summary of the past 30 days of collections provided.
  • Currently there is over $25,000 in collections.

Public Comment

Question as to a diverter at 95 Locust Tree.   Roush to get with the County for determination.

Question as to rather the Board should file a civil suit against the previous treasurer, to be discussed.

 

 

Next Meeting

Items for the next meeting:

  • By Law changes
  • News letter

It was noted that the Lake Front Royal Property Owners Association will meet again Oct/Nov with Mr. Roush sending out a firm date and location.

The meeting was adjourned by Mr. Roush at 5:45.