- Published in Archive
- BODZMeetingZMinutesZAprilZ30thZ2016.pdf (183 Downloads)
LFRPOA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Special Meeting, April 30th, 2016
Chester Gap Fire Hall
Call to Order: Azlee Bates ( President) called meeting to order at noon
In Attendance: Azlee Bates ( President), Betty Boyd (Treasurer), Elaine Ryan (Building, Grounds, Safety)
Absent: Ricky Singleton (Roads Chair), Keith Ogden (Architectural Chair)
- James Johnson from the law firm of Wharton, Aldhizer & Weaver PLC , an attorney hired by the POA to help navigate the sanitary district issues and answer questions was present at the meeting.
- Special guests invited and in attendance at the meeting from the Warren County BOS were Linda Glavis, Archie Fox, and Dan Murray. Archie Fox had to leave the meeting early.
- A lengthy discussion about the creation of the sanitary district and what options were available to the community took place. James Johnson provided answers to legal questions and clarified how both the creation and a possible dissolution of the sanitary district work from a legal standpoint.
- There were approximately 80 members of record in attendance, some for, and the majority, by a wide margin, against the creation of the sanitary district. Approximately 5-6 people spoke in favor of the sanitary district, with 26-28 people speaking out against the sanitary district. Other members posed questions of the POA BOD, the attorney, and members of the Warren County BOS.
- There were many angry comments about the creation of the sanitary district because of the way it was done without community knowledge or consent.
Meeting Adjourned at 1:45pm to allow time for clean-up by 2pm.